Utah Jazz waive forward Jonas Jerebko
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz have waived forward Jonas Jerebko Saturday a day after announcing the team re-signed Derrick Favors, Dante Exum, and Raul Neto.
We’ve waived Jonas Jerebko. pic.twitter.com/YfVyvIZfnM
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) July 7, 2018
The former Jazzman signed a two-year deal last summer, but the Jazz had until July 9th whether or not to guarantee the contract.
Last year Jerebko played in 74 games for the Jazz and scored 5.8 points per game and pulled down 3.3 rebounds per game.
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Jerebko plans on signing with the Warriors once he clears waivers.
Forward Jonas Jerebko plans to sign with the Golden State Warriors upon clearing waivers on Monday, league sources tell ESPN. Jerebko has a $4.2M salary that would need to be guaranteed if he’s claimed.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 7, 2018
The Jazz have another decision to make on Epke Udoh by July 9th as well. Udoh also signed a two year deal with the second being non-guaranteed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears