Thai officials report first boys rescued from caves in northern Thailand
The first boys have been taken out of a cave in northern Thailand where a soccer team and coach have been trapped for two weeks. Thai officials say they have rescued four of the 13 trapped in the cave. That leaves 9 to still be rescued.
Rescuers are taking a break to replenish supplies. Officials report they need 10-20 hours to recuperate.
NEW: A fourth boy has now been rescued from a cave in Thailand, where a soccer team and their coach have been trapped for 2 weeks. https://t.co/96WYLgBlxs
— ABC News (@ABC) July 8, 2018
The rescue operation is ongoing and could take up to four days.
This story will be updated as the mission progresses.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour