Farmington High School ready for students
FARMINGTON — The first day of school for the new Farmington High School is August 22, and the media got a tour ahead of the ribbon cutting Thursday night.
Principal Richard Swanson says around 1,500 students will attend at first, coming from Davis High and Viewmont High to this quickly growing area.
The capacity is around 2,000. The football team and other groups are already practicing and getting ready. They will be The Phoenix.
Swanson says it is a uniquely designed school, where teachers won’t have assigned classrooms. They have learning suites with different ways to arrange chairs and tables. It’s a fully comprehensive model.
Outlets and plugins are everywhere, and every wall is a whiteboard. It also comes with the newest full security measures, where students, staff and visitors will all go through the main office.
It’s also energy efficient — the school is getting power from photovoltaic panels. Windows are everywhere to bring in natural light.
It is coming in at 67 million of the 75 million dollar cost.
Farmington High has capacity of 2,077; may start w/ around 1,500 on August 22. Charging stations & outlets all over the place and WiFi strength for 5 devices per occupant. @DavisSchools #uted pic.twitter.com/NomJ30F6BD
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) July 12, 2018
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responding to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…