Former aide calls for Huntsman to resign
SALT LAKE CITY — A former top aide to U.S. Ambassador to Russia and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman is calling on him to resign after yesterday’s meeting between Presidents Trump and Putin.
Long-time Republican and Huntsman’s former campaign strategist John Weaver tweeted at him, “Resign, if you have any honor.”
@JonHuntsman Resign, if you have any honor.
— John Weaver (@JWGOP) July 16, 2018
It all comes on the heels of President Trump seeming to side with Putin’s denials of Russian election meddling.
Huntsman has not spoken since the summit.
His daughter, Abby Huntsman, sharply criticized Mr. Trump saying, “No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus.”
No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus.
— Abby Huntsman (@HuntsmanAbby) July 16, 2018
Politico is posing the question of whether or not Ambassador Huntsman will stay in the administration.
Today’s Top Stories
- False alarm of reported shots fired near Granger Elementary
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Iran wants US out of World Cup after change made to Iranian flag
- Latest snow on Utah roads prompts police to encourage safe driving
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- Utah well-represented during international gymnastics competition
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]