Senator Lee praises Judge Kavanaugh after meeting
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Senator Mike Lee, R-Utah, is singing the praises of Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh after the pair met yesterday.
Lee released a statement after the two met yesterday saying “his insight into the current state of the law and the constitution shows he is just the kind of originalist jurist we need on the court.”
The senator reserved judgment on whether or not he’d vote for him earlier this month after President Trump announced the pick. Lee himself was also considered for the Supreme court vacancy left by retiring Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy.
Kavanaugh has met with more than 15 GOP senators as Republicans look to schedule a confirmation hearing in late August.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Five-planet alignment may be visible in Tuesday night’s sky
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Body of snowmobiler found following avalanche in Pole Canyon
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Utah psychiatrist peers into dark mind of school shooter
- Body found by passersby on southbound I-15 at 600 North
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Gunfire with SWAT and seizure of narcotics leads to trafficker imprisonment
- Van bridge in place after S-Line loses power