Summit County Search and Rescue recover body of Ray Humpherys
KAMAS – Authorities say they have found the body of missing Charles “Ray” Humpherys from South Jordan on Tuesday.
Breaking: Summit County SAR has recovered the body of missing backpacker Ray Humpherys from the Middle Fork Weber River drainage. His death appeared to be consistent with the terrain and environment, they said.
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) July 25, 2018
He was found in the Middle Fork drainage area which approximately 1.5 miles from his last known location near Hidden Lake according to a statement Summit County Sheriff’s Office released.
“There is no suspected foul play in the death of Mr. Humpherys, and the injuries are consistent with the harsh terrain and environment,” the sheriff’s office said in its statement.
He went missing last Wednesday around 10:00 p.m. He was camping with his family near Hidden Lake when he went missing. Thousands of hours were given from hundreds of volunteers according the Sheriff’s office.
Humpherys reportedly said he was going down to the lake to get water for the campfire, but did not return.
His body was taken to the Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom