Amazon hiring event continues in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Amazon holds another job fair Tuesday as they try to fill 1,500 new jobs. But will they have success finding enough workers in this booming economy?
The hiring fair is going on at the Hilton Salt Lake, 255 South West Temple, from August 7 to August 16 9am-4pm each day.
Some point out the starting wage being offered by Amazon is lower than the state average. But in this clip below, Nate McDonald with the Utah Department of Workforce services says you have to look beyond that.
McDonald says Utah’s unemployment is low, and some companies are struggling to find enough workers. Amazon wants to hire 1,500 for their new fulfillment center in the northwest quadrant of Salt Lake City..
McDonald says their coming in is bringing competition, which is good. He also points out that 25,000 people are actively looking for work in Salt Lake, Tooele and Davis counties, right around this area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake