Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
Do you sometimes feel outsmarted by your Alexa Smart Device? Have no fear – we’re here to help! It’s dead simple to connect with KSL NewsRadio content straight out-of-the-box.
Once you get your dot plugged in and hooked to WiFi, simply say “Alexa, play KSL NewsRadio.” It’s that easy! Your Echo will immediately join the KSL Newsradio (102.7 FM and 1160 AM) live stream in progress, providing you the latest on breaking news, traffic and weather conditions. Pro tip: This works on a Google device too!
Perhaps you’d like to take it a step further… Amazon offers what they call a “flash briefing,” giving you a quick update from the news sources of your choice. To make sure you’re getting the latest from KSL, download the Amazon Alexa companion app for your iPhone or Android device. Once downloaded, launch the app and click on “settings.” From there, click on “Flash Briefing” and search “KSL.” You’ll see options for the latest KSL Newsradio news, traffic, weather and more. Once you’ve selected KSL as your news source(s), access it anytime by saying “Alexa, what’s my flash briefing?”
It doesn’t stop there! In the Alexa app, you can set up a “routine” and have your Echo wake you up to the news each morning. Or you can even listen to many of KSL NewsRadio’s podcasts simply by asking for them! Try “Alexa, listen to Cold Podcast” and see what happens! By saying “Alexa, play Jeff Caplan’s My Minute of News Podcast,” your echo will launch the latest episode of this fan-favorite segment!
“Innovation is an important part of Bonneville International’s brand and business strategy,” said Jon Accarrino, Bonneville Salt Lake’s Executive Director of Business Development. “Having a strong presence on connected home devices, like the Amazon Echo, is an important piece of our “KSL Everywhere” efforts. From mobile and connected TV apps, to live streams and smart speakers, we’re always looking for new digital opportunities for both our audiences and brands.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Skier dies after crashing into snowbank at Brighton
- Researchers believe ‘omicron’ variant will be in Utah, sooner or later
- Woman killed after getting into what she thought was an Uber
- Newly discovered COVID variant is ‘red flag’ but US needs to learn more, Fauci says
- Stocks sink on new COVID variant; Dow loses 905 points
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Officials urge Utahns to be “fire smart” this season, observe restrictions
- Wasatch County taxpayers may be left with a big due bill due to “typo”
- Renders released for Provo and Smithfield temples
- MOVIE SHOW: Avengers Endgame, everything you may have missed in the new Trailer