OPINION: Vicious attacks against defenseless scooters
SALT LAKE CITY — Scooters and eScooters have taken over the world – or at least downtown Salt Lake City. Now, renegades in other cities are destroying them and posting the videos on the internet. These scooters have gone through everything from setting them on fire to running them over with trucks.
This is madness.
I get it. There are issues with the scooters. If not parked properly, they can cause a serious traffic jam for blind people, people in wheelchairs, etc.
Let’s step up and use the scooters properly before we lose them.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk stopping traffic on Foothill Drive near I-80
- No injuries, investigation continues, after shots fired at Taylorsville High School
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”
- Fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor causes significant delays