OPINION: Guilty plea for Cohen? I called it
Aug 21, 2018, 3:30 PM | Updated: Aug 3, 2022, 2:58 pm
President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty to eight counts, including tax evasion, making false statements to a financial institution on Tuesday. Basically, this means he’s pleading guilty to campaign-finance violations. He claimed Trump arranged hush money to adult film star Stormy Daniels weeks before the election, according to the Associated Press.
I called it. I said that when Cohen was arrested that it would be on bank fraud & campaign finance.
Here’s what happened initially during the raid of Michael Cohen’s office.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Officer-involved shooting kills one, sends officer to hospital
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Intermountain Healthcare announces plans to build hospital in Ephraim