Draper couple accused of feeding marijuana to children
DRAPER — A couple is under arrest, suspected of child abuse that includes feeding marijuana to their young children to keep them quiet.
Investigators ordered a hair follicle test.
“That revealed, on these children who were 3 and 4 years of age, a positive test for cocaine and the metabolite for THC,” said Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill.
He says Katie Blackham, 39, and Jakob Sickler, 28, also didn’t seek medical help for their daughter’s broken leg for 48 hours.
The kids are in protective custody. Family members called Draper Police.
“The eyes and the ears often are members of the community: first responders, healthcare providers, other family members,” Gill said. “And they are critical.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High