Draper couple accused of feeding marijuana to children
DRAPER — A couple is under arrest, suspected of child abuse that includes feeding marijuana to their young children to keep them quiet.
Investigators ordered a hair follicle test.
“That revealed, on these children who were 3 and 4 years of age, a positive test for cocaine and the metabolite for THC,” said Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill.
He says Katie Blackham, 39, and Jakob Sickler, 28, also didn’t seek medical help for their daughter’s broken leg for 48 hours.
The kids are in protective custody. Family members called Draper Police.
“The eyes and the ears often are members of the community: first responders, healthcare providers, other family members,” Gill said. “And they are critical.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Indonesia stadium riot: At least 127 people reported dead following soccer match, police say
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Other paths to consider when thinking about attending college
- Parents pushing back on ongoing mask requirement in Utah schools