OPINION: How politicians use Mollie Tibbetts’ story
JayMac: The man who allegedly murdered Mollie Tibbetts is an illegal immigrant.
Yes, this is an example of why it is important to get control of illegal immigration. It is not in and of itself a reason for a wall. Identifying the correct problem does not make the proposed solution right.
We have to be careful in using single stories to justify a position. We can use the very same logic to go after an issue we feel strongly about.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Suspect in 2015 murder of West Valley City woman arrested
- Saturday crash killed father and 2-year-old son