OPINION: Should we allow 3D printed guns?
3D printed guns already infiltrated Utah, a Utahn planned to shoot a school using a 3D printed gun is now behind bars. We are not immune.
I understand the freedom of speech claims. But I also understand that it is illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater. There does come a point when the danger outweighs the freedom.
Should we allow 3D printed guns?
How did we get here, according to KSL News Radio?
A federal judge in Seattle has blocked the posting of 3-D printed guns online. Washington state sued after the Trump Administration okayed the instructions going onto the web. The company that made the instructions says their rights are being violated.
Also, a South Jordan man has been charged with a misdemeanor after being accused of threatening to use a 3D printed gun to shoot students at Broadview University. A Jail report says Austin James David West texted and told other students about a mass shooting that “people would be talking about.” Those messages were passed on to the school, and then police served a warrant at West’s home where they seized a 3D printer.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Don’t forget to review and subscribe to the JayMac Mac News Show podcast on Apple Podcasts. Or follow Jay on Twitter and Instagram or on Facebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom