Union Pacific Train derails in southern Utah
MILLARD COUNTY, UT – A Union Pacific freight train derailed in southern Utah Friday afternoon and over 20 cars in all derailed from the tracks.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 1, 2018
Corporate Relations and Media Director Justin Jacobs for Union Pacific says there were no injuries. The cause of it is not yet known and they will investigate.
Crews were able to clear the cars early this morning and were also working on repairing the damage the derailment caused to the tracks.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman