Authorities: Tervels Fire in Summit County result of arson
SALT LAKE CITY – Fire officials suspect arson for the Tervels Fire in Summit County which sparked Monday afternoon.
#TervelsFire Update: The fire investigator has determined the cause of the fire to be arson. Contact Summit County Sheriff’s Department with any information. The fire is 350 acres and 0% contained. Update: https://t.co/CjSDmxLw98
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 4, 2018
It forced authorities to close eastbound I-80 near Echo Reservoir. The fire is located just under seven miles east of Coalville. Authorities say resources arrived quickly and officials ordered for more.
No evacuations have been ordered as of right now, but fire officials say Echo Creek Ranches are under a pre-evacuation order. The fire has burned 350 acres and is at zero percent contained as of Monday evening.
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 3, 2018
Utah Fire Info says “smoke will be visible from Ogden Valley, Coalville, Evanston,Wyoming and other surrounding areas.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Grandson of two found dead at a home in Clearfield facing murder charges