OPINION: Why are you burning your Nike gear!?
Colin Kaepernick, the face of NFL national anthem protests, is the face of the new Nike campaign. Kaepernick started a movement by protesting during the national anthem in 2016 by kneeling–he was trying to bring light to racial and social injustice.
To protest Kaepernick’s protesting, #nikeboycott is trending on Twitter and people are threatening to burn their own Nike gear.
We can clearly see where were are in this world. It’s a remarkable place in which we find ourselves. How many people are looking to hear and understand and respect and to consider others’ values?
I’m going to renew my call to have business and restaurants announce all of their political affiliations so that we can only patronize those who agree with our politics.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Don’t forget to review and subscribe to the JayMac Mac News Show podcast on Apple Podcasts. Or follow Jay on Twitter and Instagram or on Facebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing