OPINION: The fake news movement terrifies me
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey and Facebook CEO Sheryl Sandberg testified to examine the social media’s role in “fake news” and Russia’s influence in the 2016 presidential election.
Google didn’t even bother showing up but that didn’t stop them from being lectured by senators who thought it would be funny to lecture an empty chair.
These companies that started out as a way to keep in touch with friends and family are now ground zero for Fake News and Russian election meddling.
It is hardly fair to expect that they should have seen this coming.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Don’t forget to review and subscribe to the JayMac Mac News Show podcast on Apple Podcasts. Or follow Jay on Twitter and Instagram or on Facebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- UPDATE: SLCPD releases new information about Meadows Park shooting
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Pioneer Park Coalition announces plan to combat crime, homelessness
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber