Report: Kyle Collinsworth to get another opportunity in the NBA
Former BYU guard Kyle Collinsworth will get another shot in the NBA as ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports the Toronto Raptors have signed him to a partial guarantee.
Toronto is signing guard Kyle Collinsworth to a partial guarantee, league sources tell ESPN. He played with Dallas last season.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 11, 2018
Collinsworth played with the Dallas Mavericks last season appearing in 32 games. He scored 3.2 points per game, pulled down 3.3 rebounds per contest, and dished out 1.8 assists per game.
The former Cougar did not get drafted, but joined the Mavericks’ 2016 Summer League team. He signed with Dalls before getting waived just before the beginning of the 2016-2017 season. From there he played with the organization’s G-League affiliate the Texas Legends.
In December 2017 Collinsworth signed a two-way contract with the Mavericks. The team waived him and then signed him to couple of 10 day contracts before signing him for the rest of the season in February this year.
The former BYU guard will join the new look Raptors who traded for former San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard over the summer. He will also be teammates with former University of Utah guard Delon Wright.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…