Report: Kyle Collinsworth to get another opportunity in the NBA
Former BYU guard Kyle Collinsworth will get another shot in the NBA as ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports the Toronto Raptors have signed him to a partial guarantee.
Toronto is signing guard Kyle Collinsworth to a partial guarantee, league sources tell ESPN. He played with Dallas last season.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 11, 2018
Collinsworth played with the Dallas Mavericks last season appearing in 32 games. He scored 3.2 points per game, pulled down 3.3 rebounds per contest, and dished out 1.8 assists per game.
The former Cougar did not get drafted, but joined the Mavericks’ 2016 Summer League team. He signed with Dalls before getting waived just before the beginning of the 2016-2017 season. From there he played with the organization’s G-League affiliate the Texas Legends.
In December 2017 Collinsworth signed a two-way contract with the Mavericks. The team waived him and then signed him to couple of 10 day contracts before signing him for the rest of the season in February this year.
The former BYU guard will join the new look Raptors who traded for former San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard over the summer. He will also be teammates with former University of Utah guard Delon Wright.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- New poll suggests marriage is dying
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Deputies say evidence pointing to homicide likely in case of Dylan Rounds
- Two men accused of stealing dying piglets from Utah farm face charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation