OPINION: How could you free an Elizabeth Smart kidnapper?
The woman who helped kidnap Elizabeth Smart in 2002 will be back on the streets and freed from prison more than five years earlier than expected. Elizabeth said that she was surprised by the court’s “incomprehensible” decision.
Wanda Barzee pleaded guilty to kidnapping and holding Elizabeth captive under the direction of Brian David Mitchell.
I hate this. I just can’t stand that she’ll be out. What can we do about it? I don’t even know. I can’t imagine being Elizabeth Smart and knowing this woman is going to be free, it’s unbelievable.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Don’t forget to review and subscribe to the JayMac Mac News Show podcast on Apple Podcasts. Or follow Jay on Twitter and Instagram or on Facebook.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Moscow police say 6th person on lease isn’t involved in Idaho homicides
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions to the West
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Fiercely self-sufficient Hell’s Backbone cafe owners turn to public for help