3 year-old girl struck by truck in Salt Lake
SALT LAKE CITY —Around 10:45 pm last night a 3-year-old girl was seriously injured after running into the road outside the Utah State Fairpark near 1100 West and 300 North, according to Salt Lake City Police.
The girl was running in front of her parents who were yelling at her to stop. She paused, and then ran into the road and was hit by a pickup truck.
She was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital with serious injuries, but she is expected to be OK and police say her injuries are not life-threatening.
The driver of the truck was cooperating with police and investigators do not think the driver was impaired or speeding.
Today’s Top Stories
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio