OPINION: Did this active shooter training for kids go too far?
JayMac: The active shooter trend fills our news cycle, especially during the school year.
To combat that, one school in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, is implementing active shooter trainings where police officers will fire blanks in the hallways to get kids used to the sound of gunfire.
I hate that this has to happen and that kids have to be exposed to this, but it is absolutely necessary. We cannot be in denial of the world we live in.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show, weekdays from 12:30 to 3 p.m. on KSL Newsradio, as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck