OPINION: Did this active shooter training for kids go too far?
JayMac: The active shooter trend fills our news cycle, especially during the school year.
To combat that, one school in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, is implementing active shooter trainings where police officers will fire blanks in the hallways to get kids used to the sound of gunfire.
I hate that this has to happen and that kids have to be exposed to this, but it is absolutely necessary. We cannot be in denial of the world we live in.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show, weekdays from 12:30 to 3 p.m. on KSL Newsradio, as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- USU making history with a radio entering the lunar orbit