OPINION: What would Utah’s Waffle House Index be?
JayMac: Have you heard of the Waffle House Index?
Typically, the Waffle House is open 24/7, but during a hurricane, it closes down. The restaurant chain is the last thing to close and the first thing to open when a storm hits. It’s an unwritten rule that once the Waffle House is open that’s the unofficial way of saying the hurricane is over.
What would Utah’s Waffle House Index be?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show, weekdays from 12:30 to 3 p.m. on KSL Newsradio, as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide