OPINION: What would Utah’s Waffle House Index be?
JayMac: Have you heard of the Waffle House Index?
Typically, the Waffle House is open 24/7, but during a hurricane, it closes down. The restaurant chain is the last thing to close and the first thing to open when a storm hits. It’s an unwritten rule that once the Waffle House is open that’s the unofficial way of saying the hurricane is over.
What would Utah’s Waffle House Index be?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show, weekdays from 12:30 to 3 p.m. on KSL Newsradio, as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City