Westbound S.R. 201 at Tooele Co. now open, Eastbound still closed
LAKE POINT — Westbound S.R. 201 is now opened, but eastbound is still closed after a fire broke out.
UPDATE: Westbound S.R. 201 is NOW OPEN. Eastbound remains closed and will stay closed through tomorrow as crews restore the area following the #TooeleFire
Commuters can use 201 Westbound to reach Tooele this afternoon. Continue to use I-80 Eastbound to reach SLC. pic.twitter.com/2F25WVy2LM
— UDOT Region Two (@UDOTRegionTwo) September 18, 2018
First, Rocky Mountain Power must rebuild 36 transmission poles.
“In addition to that, you have the helicopters that are flying over the road right now in order to put out the fire,” said UDOT Spokesman John Gleason.
He hopes S.R. 201 at the Salt Lake-Tooele County border will reopen both ways for this afternoon’s commute. They closed when a fire broke out on Saturday.
“But there is a chance with a fluid situation like this, just as active as it has been, we could be pushing (the reopening) even later than expected right now.”
Yesterday afternoon’s commute saw delays of nearly 45 minutes.
Today’s Top Stories
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Biden to test run reelection message in address to divided Congress
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot