OPINION: Man filmed shaving his face goes viral and it doesn’t end well
Have you seen the footage of a homeless man on a subway train shaving his face? The video ended up going viral. The question about this entire story is the etiquette of filming people in public.
On one hand, no one should shave with a straight razor on a moving train. On the other hand, people should reconsider what they’re willing to record and put on the internet. By creating awareness about certain issues, there is also an additional risk of calling someone’s behavior into question which could also potentially ruin that person’s life.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Time Out on the Field
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’