MUST WATCH: Firefighters and kittens
SPANISH FORK — A special group of Hot Shot firefighters provided unusual assistance to an adult treatment center during the Pole Creek Fire: caring for kittens who got left behind.
Mountain Peak Recovery received an evacuation notice ordering everyone in the building to relocate to safer areas outside of the Pole Creek Fire evacuation zones.
According to a Mountain Peak therapist and program director Blu Robinson, clients view the recovery center as a “refuge and safe haven” so it was difficult for them to leave so abruptly.
In a hustle, the staff forgot to grab their kittens that sleep in their barn.
Robinson contacted KSL Newsradio very pleased after she saw camera footage of firefighters nurturing the kittens they accidentally left behind.
The Hot Shots were caught on camera playing, holding and feeding the kittens while they continued to work to put out the wildfire around them.
“We were so glad to see our security camera system. Hot Shot firefighters taking such good care of them– playing, holding and feeding them. It’s brought warmth to our hearts, gratitude in the situation and comfort to the clients who have been worrying about them.”
The Pole Creek fire merged with The Bald Mountain Fire causing firefighters to work overtime.
Now, the Pole Creek Fire is 28% contained, and the Bald Moutain Fire is 12% contained. The two wildfires have burned 115,000 acres combined.
Today’s Top Stories
- Parts of I-15 closed in Davis County following police chase
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case