Man drives car into an empty Orem home
OREM — An Orem homeowner has a lot of cleaning up to do after coming home to find a car embedded in his empty house.
“I kind of figured a neighborhood kid probably put a car in drive and hit the house,” homeowner Ryan Yardley said in an interview. “I didn’t expect to see an entire car in my front room.”
Police say the driver of the car ran off after the crash but was found and arrested a short time later.
No one was at home at the time of the crash and the driver’s name has not been released at this time.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- US economy added a robust 263,000 jobs in November
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah