OPINION: Essential keys for fighting suicide
Suicide is an epidemic that’s sweeping the nation. A recent CDC study shows that the U.S. average life expectancy has gone down for two years in a row, despite scientific and life-saving advances. Why? Because of suicide and drug overdoses.
Does your teen suffer from mental health issues like depression, anxiety or suicidal thoughts?
The University of Utah developed an app that can help your kids find the help they need. It’s called the SafeUT App. You can download it for free in the iTunes or Play Store.
How else can we fight the epidemic?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Biden to test run reelection message in address to divided Congress
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- DWR implements emergency state-wide restrictions on shed antler hunting