OPINION: What did we learn from the most recent shootings?
What are the commonalities of the three most recent shootings? People want to turn and blame guns again. Guns don’t shoot people, people shoot people.
Instead, we need to focus on mental health. People with a mental health issue need to go through due process and we need to establish “red flag” laws.
Even though I’m an American and I have the right to a gun, I don’t want my rights to be limited by the few who abuse those rights.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Interim superintendent is named for Salt Lake City School District