NEWS REEL: Captain Marvel Trailer
Salt Lake City — Big news came crashing into the movie world this week both figuratively, and literally. On Tuesday, we caught our first look at Brie Larson as she takes on the role of Captain Marvel, and as her co-star, Samuel L. Jackson says it has everything that you’d want, “from space invasions to a big car chase.”
“We were left hanging at the end of the last Avengers movie, and we were led to believe that maybe part of the solution to what happened at the end of that movie would be Captain Marvel, and on Tuesday we got this brand new trailer.” Said Doug Wright this week on the Movie Show.
From what we can see in the trailer there are a few interesting details that set this apart from the last few Marvel blockbusters.
For instance, we get to see a few familiar faces make an appearance, including Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, who seems to be seeing at full 20/20 and has lost his signature eye patch, as well as a dapper, and much younger, looking Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson.
We also caught a glimpse during a blink or you’ll miss it shot, of the big blue Ronan the Destroyer, who you might remember from losing an infinity stone during a dance battle with Guardian of the Galaxy’s leading man Starlord played by Chris Pratt.
But most importantly during our introduction to Larson in her role as Captain Marvel. We meet her as she crashes into a Blockbuster Video store firmly setting this movie in the 90s which would mean that this film takes place before any of the tragic losses suffered by the Avengers to Thanos in the Infinity War Movie and maybe provide us some answers to the loose ends left by the heart-breaking end to the last Avengers movie.
Captain Marvel is scheduled for release March 8th, 2019.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Time Out on the Field
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’