OPINION: Have you had “the talk” with your kids?
JayMac: Normally, we talk about the news of the day, but I recently had an experience that shook me. I was riding the FrontRunner on my way to work and throughout the entire ride, a young female college student was talking to her insurance agent and repeatedly revealed sensitive information about not only herself but her roommates as well. I’m talking about her social security number, employment, dependents, roommates’ names and birth dates, etc.
Who are this person’s parents? Does she not understand how easy it would be for someone with malicious intent to steal her identity?
I think parents need to be having “the talk” with kids about the importance of keeping personal information private.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- 3 injured after port-a-potty truck took a spill on I-80 in Tooele County
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree