FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Utah at Washington State
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah travels this weekend to Pullman, Washington, to face the Washington State Cougars on the football field.
Coach Kyle Whittingham says his Utes, who have been struggling so far this season, will be facing an opponent known for their passing offense and the number of points they score.
“We gotta be able to score against these guys, like I said at the beginning, because they’re scoring over 40 a game,” Whittingham says. “And so, you know, you gotta generate an offense of your own to have a chance in this game.”
The Utes struggled with receivers dropping passes in their first three games this season. After Utah’s loss to Washington earlier this month, Whittingham described it as a big problem.
“That is probably our biggest issue right now,” Whittingham said. “We are dropping passes and those are drive killers.”
The Utes kickoff against the Washington State Cougars on Saturday at 4 p.m. mountain time. The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 network. Utah is 2-1 so far and comes off a bye week headed into the game. The Cougars are 3-1.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Demolition begins at the old Utah State Prison in Draper