FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Utah at Washington State
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah travels this weekend to Pullman, Washington, to face the Washington State Cougars on the football field.
Coach Kyle Whittingham says his Utes, who have been struggling so far this season, will be facing an opponent known for their passing offense and the number of points they score.
“We gotta be able to score against these guys, like I said at the beginning, because they’re scoring over 40 a game,” Whittingham says. “And so, you know, you gotta generate an offense of your own to have a chance in this game.”
The Utes struggled with receivers dropping passes in their first three games this season. After Utah’s loss to Washington earlier this month, Whittingham described it as a big problem.
“That is probably our biggest issue right now,” Whittingham said. “We are dropping passes and those are drive killers.”
The Utes kickoff against the Washington State Cougars on Saturday at 4 p.m. mountain time. The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 network. Utah is 2-1 so far and comes off a bye week headed into the game. The Cougars are 3-1.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- July 4 parade shooting leaves 6 dead, 30 hurt; man detained
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend