OPINION: The embarrassing Mia Love v. Ben McAdams showdown
Representative Mia Love and Mayor Ben McAdams are at each other’s throats in their campaign videos.
Each is releasing attack ads against each other in their race for the congressional seat. This negative mudslinging of the opposition is insulting my intelligence. Why would you believe the opposition?
The McAdams’ campaign video grills Love for allegedly shady campaign finance. The voiceover claims that Love has “gone Washington.”
The Love video features a terrible pseudo-Bill Clinton impersonation tying McAdams with the Clinton family.
I interviewed Mayor Ben McAdams’ campaign manager, Andrew Roberts. He doesn’t realize that both McAdams and Love had ads that were just character assassinations.
Where is the civility in that? How are we supposed to know what’s credible and what’s not? Have you seen the ads? What did you think of them?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland