OPINION: The embarrassing Mia Love v. Ben McAdams showdown
Representative Mia Love and Mayor Ben McAdams are at each other’s throats in their campaign videos.
Each is releasing attack ads against each other in their race for the congressional seat. This negative mudslinging of the opposition is insulting my intelligence. Why would you believe the opposition?
The McAdams’ campaign video grills Love for allegedly shady campaign finance. The voiceover claims that Love has “gone Washington.”
The Love video features a terrible pseudo-Bill Clinton impersonation tying McAdams with the Clinton family.
I interviewed Mayor Ben McAdams’ campaign manager, Andrew Roberts. He doesn’t realize that both McAdams and Love had ads that were just character assassinations.
Where is the civility in that? How are we supposed to know what’s credible and what’s not? Have you seen the ads? What did you think of them?
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers