OPINION: Kavanaugh Allegations: Since when is Sen. Jeff Flake the voice of reason?
Another woman accused SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
These new allegations do not prove that an assault occurred because they are without a victim. However, they do put Kavanaugh in this party scene on a consistent basis where he has insisted he was not.
In his prepared opening statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee, released a day before Thursday’s expected dramatic showdown with one of his accusers, Brett Kavanaugh says “this effort to destroy my good name will not drive me out.” The Republican-controlled committee sent out Kavanaugh’s statement as new allegations against Kavanaugh rocked the nation’s capital and raised new questions about the fate of his nomination.
We can’t give a hearing to everyone who brings up allegations.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints