West Valley City preparing legal action over odor
WEST VALLEY CITY — West Valley City leaders are so fed up with the smell in their city, they appear to be ready to sue.
Their Facebook post says they are going after ET Technologies. The company is by the Salt Lake landfill, and it takes sewage and other waste and makes topsoil to use at the landfill.
West Valley City leaders say they have tried to work with the company, Salt Lake City and Salt Lake County, but there is not a lot of action.
Their post says they learned all entities just signed a new contract even though the odor is still a problem.
Therefore they say their only solution is to pursue legal action.
ET Technologies’ website says it continues to invest in odor control.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions