Woman hit by truck, in critical condition
WEST JORDAN — Police say a woman who was helping her husband turn around a flatbed truck was struck by another vehicle on 7800 South near 3000 West. She is in critical condition.
— Peter Samore (@kslpetersamore) September 27, 2018
West Jordan Police Officer Scott List tells KSL the husband and wife were driving a flatbed semi carrying a load of sod when they were attempting to turn around by backing out of a parking lot.
“There was a pickup driving westbound,” List said. “The driver of that pickup said that she had darted out into the road, and he did not see her.
“He indicated that he was just below the speed limit, didn’t have time to react, and struck her.”
Her husband got out of the truck to help.
“He sees her get hit, and so, he jumps out to run to her side, and ends up leaving the semi with no parking brake on,” List said. “It rolls into the building in front of the scene.”
A pillar on that building in a strip mall took some minor damage.
List said the couple was from Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake