MOVIE SHOW: Binge the best, October streaming preview
SALT LAKE CITY– Doug Wright and Steve Selles break down what it is that you need to be aware of if you’re in the mood to snuggle up on the couch and see what’s streaming coming up this October. We’ll go into the full October watch list next week, but here’s a few movies to add to your Queue this week.
Blazing Saddles (Netflix, Rated – R)
This classic, tongue in cheek comedy is hitting the streaming service Netflix Monday.
“Am I right or am I right?” Said Doug Wright, “this is one of the funniest movies movies of all time, it’s one of those [movies] that is making social commentary on prejudices just basically stupidity and some people.”
Galaxy Quest (Hulu, Rated – PG)
This goofy sci-fi parody is jam packed with big names including stars like, Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, and Alan Rickman.
“This is a movie that we all liked, a just a kick,” Doug said, “The cast just goes on and on, it’s marvelous. it’s kind of making very kind fun of the folks that are really into the fantasy world. I mean, the Comic Con and the fanX group, but it’s just really funny.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- 3 injured after port-a-potty truck took a spill on I-80 in Tooele County
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree