Sheriff’s lieutenant killed in ATV accident
LOGAN, Utah (AP) – Officials confirm that a Cache County Sheriff’s Office lieutenant was killed in an ATV accident.
The Cache County Fire District says Lt. Brian Locke, who has been with the department for 32 years, died Saturday of his injuries.
Cache County Sheriff Chad Jensen says his department responded to an accident at about 8:45 p.m. Saturday in the Paradise Dry Canyon area of Cache County.
Emergency responders worked to access Locke’s location and transport him to a local hospital. Medical helicopters were unable to assist in the rescue due to poor flying conditions.
Despite all efforts, Locke did not survive.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Locke had been with the Cache County Sheriff’s Office since 1986. He served as a jail deputy, a patrol officer, a detective, a patrol sergeant and as an investigations sergeant.
Today’s Top Stories
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field