Sheriff’s lieutenant killed in ATV accident
LOGAN, Utah (AP) – Officials confirm that a Cache County Sheriff’s Office lieutenant was killed in an ATV accident.
The Cache County Fire District says Lt. Brian Locke, who has been with the department for 32 years, died Saturday of his injuries.
Cache County Sheriff Chad Jensen says his department responded to an accident at about 8:45 p.m. Saturday in the Paradise Dry Canyon area of Cache County.
Emergency responders worked to access Locke’s location and transport him to a local hospital. Medical helicopters were unable to assist in the rescue due to poor flying conditions.
Despite all efforts, Locke did not survive.
An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Locke had been with the Cache County Sheriff’s Office since 1986. He served as a jail deputy, a patrol officer, a detective, a patrol sergeant and as an investigations sergeant.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Skier found dead at Deer Valley ski resort
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk