Missing teen found safe after days away
MIDVALE — Midvale City reports that a missing Midvale teen has been found safe, days after he was last seen leaving school.
Earlier today investigators were out of leads and had no idea what had happened to 15-year-old Ricky Marrott.
“This is a little different type of case that we get,” says Salt Lake County Sheriff Rosie Rivera.
Ricky was seen leaving Hillcrest High School Thursday, October 4.
His parents said he was planning to go to homecoming, but he didn’t show up there.
Previously, Rivera had said, “We don’t have a note. Parents have not given us any indication that he’s run away.”
Police interviewed all his friends, and no one had a clue about his whereabouts.
“The friends are saying ‘I don’t know where he’s at, I haven’t seen him’,” explained Rivera.
Ricky was found Monday afternoon by the Utah Highway Patrol in the area of 2100 S and I-15.
He was found in good shape. Police say he will be questioned after he gets a good night’s sleep.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah
- US economy added a robust 263,000 jobs in November
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues