Missing teen found safe after days away
MIDVALE — Midvale City reports that a missing Midvale teen has been found safe, days after he was last seen leaving school.
Earlier today investigators were out of leads and had no idea what had happened to 15-year-old Ricky Marrott.
“This is a little different type of case that we get,” says Salt Lake County Sheriff Rosie Rivera.
Ricky was seen leaving Hillcrest High School Thursday, October 4.
His parents said he was planning to go to homecoming, but he didn’t show up there.
Previously, Rivera had said, “We don’t have a note. Parents have not given us any indication that he’s run away.”
Police interviewed all his friends, and no one had a clue about his whereabouts.
“The friends are saying ‘I don’t know where he’s at, I haven’t seen him’,” explained Rivera.
Ricky was found Monday afternoon by the Utah Highway Patrol in the area of 2100 S and I-15.
He was found in good shape. Police say he will be questioned after he gets a good night’s sleep.
Today’s Top Stories
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash