Pressure cooker blast burns two-year-old
BURLEY, Idaho — A mom in Burley, Idaho, says she may never use a pressure cooker again after hers exploded while cooking a roast, severely burning her two-year-old.
“I was going to get some drippings to make gravy, and it was like a bubble formed and a bomb went off. It went BOOM,” Angela Bodily says.
The toddler’s injuries were immediately apparent.
“His skin was just sliding off his body,” Bodily says. “It was like the scariest thing to see your child’s skin coming off.”
Chayse Bodily was burned over 14 percent of his body. He was airlifted to Salt Lake City, where he spent nearly two weeks at Primary Children’s Hospital for burn treatment. Back home now, Chayse is still undergoing outpatient treatment for his burns.
Angela Bodily says she still doesn’t know what went wrong with her pressure cooker, which she says she had used many times before.
“I loved them. Absolutely loved them,” she said. “I used them all the time. I don’t know if I can ever use one again.”
She’s urging other parents to use caution with pressure cookers or any other device in the kitchen.
The full story is available from KSL TV.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac dead at 79
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples