Father and son charged in Salt Lake City homicide
SALT LAKE CITY — Prosecutors are charging a man and his father for their parts in the shooting death of a man in September.
According to prosecutors, Robert Anthony DeHerrera, 24, started arguing with Manual Garcia, 26, inside a car after using drugs together. The driver of the car pulled over near 3030 W. 3500 S. and stepped out while the two men scuffled.
Charging documents state the driver told prosecutors she heard the shot and then saw DeHerrera run from the area before police arrived.
Robert Landen DeHerrera, 66, is facing obstruction of justice charges for trying to help his son flee the state the following day.
Charging documents say the elder DeHerrera is listed as homeless, the younger has a criminal history.
Bail for the younger DeHerrera is set at $1 million.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12-year-old girl in critical condition after getting hit by parade car in Kaysville
- Manhunt underway for gunman after mass shooting at July 4th parade in Highland Park, Illinois
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Silver alert activated in American Fork, missing possibly in Wendover
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting