SALT LAKE CITY — Prosecutors are charging a man and his father for their parts in the shooting death of a man in September.
According to prosecutors, Robert Anthony DeHerrera, 24, started arguing with Manual Garcia, 26, inside a car after using drugs together. The driver of the car pulled over near 3030 W. 3500 S. and stepped out while the two men scuffled.
Charging documents state the driver told prosecutors she heard the shot and then saw DeHerrera run from the area before police arrived.
Robert Landen DeHerrera, 66, is facing obstruction of justice charges for trying to help his son flee the state the following day.
Charging documents say the elder DeHerrera is listed as homeless, the younger has a criminal history.
Bail for the younger DeHerrera is set at $1 million.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings