Logan man charged with rape may have more victims
LOGAN, Utah — A Cache County man is accused of raping a woman he met through a dating app, and now Logan Police are worried there could be other victims.
21 year old Wyatt Martin was booked into the Cache County jail this week and charged with aggravated kidnapping and rape. Since the news started to spread, police say they’ve been contacted by at least 3 other women who could be victims.
Officers say in this case, Martin met a woman on Tinder and after they had been chatting for a while he invited her to a party at his home. But there he spiked her drink and sexually assaulted her, threatening to tie her down as she tried to fight back. She had to go to the hospital.
Officers say they found drugs and guns in the bedroom when they searched it.
Martin’s first court appearance is set for Monday, October 15th.
Logan police say there could be more victims. If you have any information you’re asked to call the police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend