Logan man charged with rape may have more victims
LOGAN, Utah — A Cache County man is accused of raping a woman he met through a dating app, and now Logan Police are worried there could be other victims.
21 year old Wyatt Martin was booked into the Cache County jail this week and charged with aggravated kidnapping and rape. Since the news started to spread, police say they’ve been contacted by at least 3 other women who could be victims.
Officers say in this case, Martin met a woman on Tinder and after they had been chatting for a while he invited her to a party at his home. But there he spiked her drink and sexually assaulted her, threatening to tie her down as she tried to fight back. She had to go to the hospital.
Officers say they found drugs and guns in the bedroom when they searched it.
Martin’s first court appearance is set for Monday, October 15th.
Logan police say there could be more victims. If you have any information you’re asked to call the police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- The best strategies for dealing with IRS tax harassment | You have options!