PARK CITY — There could be a little more snow this morning in Utah’s mountains but a worker at the Jans store in Park City says it’s still a little early to get too excited.
“We really start getting excited around Thanksgiving when you can actually go ahead and hit the lift,” Bransford Briggs said.
Briggs has been with Jans for seven seasons and says getting several inches of snow in mid-October is pretty exciting, even though it will still be several weeks before the lifts start running.
He also says that getting snow in October is better than a September storm because there is a chance it will actually stick around.
KSL-TV’s Sean Moody reports some northern Utah resorts got as much as a foot of snow with this storm and he says everyone’s hoping this will be a better season than last year.
It’s been a pretty good storm for the Wasatch Front and that has skiers and boarders getting pretty excited.
The beauty of Utah’s mountains
Over the past couple of weeks, Utah has experienced both fall and winter weather and many Utahns have already started to take amazing photos and videos of the beautiful landscapes.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings