JUAB COUNTY — Police in Sandy and in Juab County are trying to solve a mysterious disappearance. A Sandy woman went missing after she reportedly got in an argument with a boyfriend while they were camping near Eureka.
Jan Pearson-Jenkins was last seen with Cody Young and the couple had reportedly decided to go camping on the 4th of October.
However, the very next day, Young reportedly sent text messages to her brother, Jace Pearson, explaining the couple had a serious argument. He says Young sent him over 50 pages worth of texts, in all.
“Rambling, rambling, rambling. It took me until the 30th page until he indicated that things were so bad he had asked Jan to leave his van,” Pearson says.
Pearson says he couldn’t believe what he was reading. He argued with Young over the phone.
He says, “I got very upset. I said, ‘How could you do this? How could you possibly do this?’”
Young reportedly knew the exact spot where he left Pearson-Jenkins. Pearson demanded Young tell him where it was.
“I said, ‘Where exactly is it?’ He said, ‘Oh, I have a waypoint I can send to you,’” Pearson says.
He says that spot is near a paved road close to SR 6. Pearson says, “We drove down to where the waypoint is and looked around, hoping to find anything. Of course, we didn’t.”
Police say Pearson-Jenkins was kicked out of the van and didn’t take her wallet or cell phone. Plus, they don’t believe she was dressed for the cold weather.
Investigators have been trying to find Young, but, Sandy Police Sergeant Jason Nielsen says he’s hard to track. He lives in a van and moves from place to place.
“He doesn’t really have roots as to one place that he lives here in Salt Lake or Utah,” Nielsen says.
Young’s van is described as black with window blinds with Arizona license plate number CGA3392.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 82887)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 10604)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 10297)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5392)
- Former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan has died (pageviews: 4328)
- Utah to move into next phase of coronavirus plan, state leaders confirm | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3668)
- No pool? No problem. With Swimply, you can rent one (pageviews: 3138)
- Police say woman killed after meeting a man on a Tinder date (pageviews: 2417)