Utah Jazz players’ favorite jersey options
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz will get the opportunity to sport six different jerseys this upcoming NBA season.
They will get to wear Nike’s purple classic edition, gradient city edition, yellow statement edition, navy blue icon edition, white association edition and a green earned edition which is rumored to get a debut on the Christmas games against the Portland Trail Blazers.
Which one is the players favorite though?
“It’s between (the purple) one and the city edition,” Jazz point guard Ricky Rubio said of his favorites. “That’s my pick or both of them.”
Forward Joe Ingles says his vote is for the purple throwback style jersey.
“Mine is purple, Ricky, thanks for asking,” Ingles answered Rubio during media day.
The Jazz will wear purple Classic, navy Icon, yellow Statement, white Association and gradient City Edition Nike jerseys this season, plus a Christmas jersey. Ricky Rubio says his favorites are the throwback and city edition jerseys. Joe Ingles like the purple ones. pic.twitter.com/SbdrbKRdjL
— Eric Woodyard (@E_Woodyard) September 24, 2018
The team will get to display the purple uniform for the first time November 7th against the Dallas Mavericks. The purple outfit is to help celebrate the 40th anniversary of the team playing in Utah.
Jazz star Donovan Mitchell says his picks are “the city one or the purple for sure” and center Rudy Gobert agrees joins his teammates choosing the purple but he has his own reasons.
“Everything that’s new is better, so I would say the purple one,” Gobert said.
The Jazz will play its season opener Wednesday night versus the Sacramento Kings and will sport its white jersey. Tip-off is at 8 p.m.
Today’s Top Stories
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc