OPINION: Why can’t we come together after package bombs scare?
We have lost our minds over politics. When this started, people wanted to blame the Democrats for sending bombs to themselves.
Will we get back to the place where we demand civility? Where when people use anger and hate to rile us up we say, “No, sir. That’s not what America is.” When will get back to a place where we care when our political rivals are hurt?
When our fellow Americans are under attack, why is our number one concern the elections? No! We have lost our humanity and we’ve lost our minds. We’re so jaded that we’ve lost America–it’s gone. It’s something else now. This won’t be the last if we continue to allow this. Can we let this be a wake-up call? Or on Monday are we going to go back to the same old nonsense? I think Monday we go back to the madness, and that’s very sad.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- ‘You’re going to see acts that defy humanity,’ police chief says, as…
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Utah congressman discusses his bill to ban US teens under 16 from using social media
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”