OPINION: Gun control: Why we need to lead out or lose out
After the Tree of Life synagogue shooting, people are again turning to their old arguments about gun control.
The sad thing is most people have a very basic understanding of how firearms are used. Some even believe that the United States could ban gun usage. They don’t realize that there’s no way we could completely get rid of guns here in the U.S.
My fellow gun supporters, we need to lead-out or lose out on our right to bear arms. If we don’t step up and give up some of our rights on gun control, I’m worried that a lot of our rights will be taken away from us.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested