Boo! What do you think is the scariest horror movie?
SALT LAKE CITY — Many Americans love a great horror movie, but their favorite spooky film varies by which state they live in.
CableTV.com took a look at the IGN list of top twenty-five horror movies and used Google Trends data to see which films were most popular in different states.
The company also conducted a survey asking people when they start watching scary movies and which ones they find the scariest.
Here is what they found:
According to the survey, people thought the 2017 remake of IT was the scariest movie they’ve ever seen.
IT is the highest grossing R-rated horror movie of all time while other scary films are popular in a single state.
The survey stated the top three scariest movies ever made were voted:
- IT (2017)
- The Exorcist
IT also happened to take the top spot for “the first scary movie people watched,” possibly referring to the 1990 version that scared many years ago.
Utah’s Top Pick
Utah and seventeen other states chose The Ring, a scary movie about watching a horror film.
We understand. The thought of a dead person coming out of the TV is uncomforting.
So, that leads us to our own question, which horror film do you find most scary? Would you choose The Ring?
We want to see for ourselves:
Today’s Top Stories
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Time Out on the Field
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula