Bridge opens over I-15 in Lehi to reduce congestion
LEHI — A new bridge over I-15 at Thanksgiving Point will hopefully start to reduce heavy traffic congestion, especially during continuous construction.
The Triumph Boulevard Bridge will start with two lanes each way.
“When everything is done, when we have all the lanes opened up here, and the frontage roads are done, at the end of the project in 2020, it’ll provide a great benefit,” said UDOT Construction Manager Boyd Humphries.
The new bridge is one of 17 bridges that will be built or rebuilt through Lehi’s “Technology Corridor.”
UDOT estimates 160,000 cars pass through here daily, a sign of a large population growth.
“People and companies moving into the state, every day and every month, and more development happening are great things for the state and our economy,” said UDOT Spokesman John Gleason. “But we want to make sure that we’re making the right and intelligent decisions for our future.”
Gleason adds the construction should accommodate growth for 20 years.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter