Real Salt Lake to play LAFC in the playoffs
SALT LAKE CITY — Real Salt Lake is playoff bound and will face off against LAFC on Thursday night in the knockout round.
RSL Defender Brooks Lennon stopped by the KSL studios and says they are excited to get another shot at Los Angeles.
“We haven’t had the best results against them this year so far but as I said earlier this week, we have the talent to beat anyone, so I’m excited for Thursday night,” Lennon said.
Lennon says the team is going to focus on playing their style of game to try and get the win. RSL didn’t know they were going to be into the MLS playoffs until the regular season was wrapped up Sunday night.
“You know, we had to wait to see the results of one game — it was a crazy game and now we’re in so we’re all excited,” Lennon said.
The game starts at 8:30 p.m. mountain time Thursday. It will be televised on ESPN2, but you can also watch on the KSL app for Apple TV, Roku, Google Play and Amazon Fire. KSL TV has streaming rights to all RSL games.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- Eyeing retirement: How much money is enough after you leave a job?