BYU defensive back prefers playing on the road because of “downer” fans
Michael Shelton, defensive back for the BYU Cougars, said he prefers playing away from Lavell Edwards Stadium because the atmosphere is a lot better on the road.
“I am going to give you an honest opinion, I like playing on the road because to me I think the atmosphere is a lot better than our atmosphere at home,” Shelton said during a media availability Tuesday after practice.
He went on to say, “Sometimes our fans can be a downer and it brings us down.”
Some BYU fans used Twitter to agree with Shelton’s comments.
What Michael Shelton said is true. I think the fans do need to bring more energy to games and cheer for the team, especially when they are not playing well. But if the players are looking for excuses and not taking personal responsibility for their performance, that is a problem.
— Pre (@Timpanogos83) October 31, 2018
I tend to agree with Michael Shelton’s comments. The team has looked better on the road. After being at the games this year, energy does fizzle quickly from the fans. Too much marketing all around IMO and few offensive fireworks to boot.
— Josh Pugmire (@jjpug) October 31, 2018
While others were disappointed with his statements.
Hey Michael Shelton—if you and your mates show any heart whatsoever out there you might get some love. #loveisearned
— Steve Young (@syoungslc) October 31, 2018
On KSL’s Unrivaled Scott Mitchell told listeners about being booed, at home for five years by Detroit Lions fans.
“Seriously, you CAN NOT say this,” Mitchell said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study